Tuesday 28 May 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to It's My Party by Lesley Gore.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Nutty Professor, directed by Jerry Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1963!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1963 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Gavin Harrison: English drummer (Porcupine Tree King Crimson and OSI).
- Houman Younessi: Australian-American biologist and academic.
- Eugene Robinson: American football player, a defensive end with the Atlanta Falcons.
- Vissarion Yakovlevich Shebalin: Composer, dies at 60.
- Estimated 22,000 die in another cyclone in Bay of Bengal (India)
- Jomo Kenyatta becomes first Prime Minister of Kenya.
- Cyclone hits Chittagong, Bangladesh; estimated 22,000 die and one million houses destroyed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Lou Christie - Two Faces Have I
- Brenda Lee - Losing You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?