Sunday 28 December 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Trapp and Lines Torwald.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Someday We'll Be Together by Diana Ross and the Supremes.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kolumbowie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1969 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- James Trapp: NFL cornerback (Oakland Raiders).
- Lines Torwald: Finnish inventor, credited with the creation of Linux.
- Linus Torvalds: Finnish-American computer programmer developed Linux kernel.
- Henry Oscar: Actor (Saint in London), dies at 78.
- Dallas Cowboys' kicker Mike Clark, attempting an on-side kick against Cleveland Browns, misses the ball.
- Neil Simon's Last of the Red Hot Lovers premieres in New York City, New York.
- The Young Lords took over the First Spanish Methodist Church in East Harlem.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 December 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- The Beatles - Come Together
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?