Thursday 28 September 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai Rebellion, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1967 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Moon Zappa: American noted family, the first child of Frank Zappa, a singer and actress herself.
- Mira Sorvino: American actress.
- Clark Kent: American hip hop producer.
- Moon Unit Zappa: daughter of Frank Zappa; rocker ("Valley Girl").
- Darion Conner: NFL linebacker (Carolina Panthers).
- Jake Reed: NFL wide receiver (Minn Vikings)
- Oswald Drawdy: Hampton, South Carolina -- Canadian Tour golfer (1987 SC Amateur)
- Walter Washington elected first mayor of Washington, DC.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- The Association - Never My Love
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway
- Peter, Paul and Mary - I Dig Rock And Roll Music
- Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?