Tuesday 29 April 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
What Happens in Vegas, directed by Tom Vaughan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 2008!
Which were the important events of 29 April 2008 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 April
- Take-Two Interactive Software releases the Grand Theft Auto IV video game for the PlayStation III and Xbox 360 in the USA and UK. First day sales in the UK: 609,000, a record. First week worldwide sales: six million copies, US$500 million.
- Economy of the United States
- The SP/Case-Shiller index of United States real estate pricing shows a decline of 12.7% from February 2007 to February 2008, with 17 of 20 regions showing falls. (BBC News)
- The United States Consumer Confidence Index falls again in April due to concerns over the rising price of petroleum and weaker job prospects. (AP via Google News)
- An explosion in the Nangarhar Province of Afghanistan kills at least 15 Afghans with another 25 injured. (Reuters via ''The Washington Post'')
- The European Union signs the Stabilisation and Association Agreement with Serbia prior to the decisive elections on 11 May 2008, but makes ratification conditional on full cooperation with the ICTY. (EUobserver)
- Lithuania blocked the beginning of talks on a strategic deal between the European Union and Russia because of ongoing disputes with Moscow (M C News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?