Saturday 19 April 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Touch My Body by Mariah Carey.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
Let the Right One In, directed by Tomas Alfredson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 2008!
Which were the important events of 19 April 2008 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 April
- Muqtada al-Sadr threatens a new rebellion if a United States-Iraqi crackdown against his followers continues. (''Sunday Herald'')
- Soyuz TMA-11 lands safely outside Arkalyk, short of the planned landing site in Kazakhstan, due to a computer glitch. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- 2008 Summer Olympics torch relay: Chinese nationalists boycott the French-owned retail chain Carrefour in cities including Kunming, Hefei and Wuhan, accusing the French people of racism. Protesters block customers with large flags and throw water bottles. In Hefei, a Carrefour store was vandalized and looted by protesters. (YouTube)
- A South African court blocks unloading of the ''An Yue Jiang'', a Chinese cargo ship carrying 77 tonnes of small arms bound for Zimbabwe, purportedly from the Chinese Ministry of Defense. According to reports, the ship has since left for Mozambique. (BBC News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?