Wednesday 23 April 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
Iron Man, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 2008!
Which were the important events of 23 April 2008 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 April
- Sri Lankan Civil War: In fighting in the North of Sri Lanka, the military claims victory with 43 soldiers killed and 33 missing while killing over 100 Tamil Tigers. The rebels also claim victory, saying that they killed 100 soldiers and wounded 500 while only losing 16 of their own. (BBC News)
- Former President of the United States Jimmy Carter reiterates that no person from the United States Department of State ever asked him not to meet with representatives from Hamas or Syria. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?