Wednesday 30 April 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
What Happens in Vegas, directed by Tom Vaughan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 2008!
Which were the important events of 30 April 2008 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- John Cargher: Australian radio broadcaster (Born 1919).
- Two skeletal remains found near Ekaterinburg, Russia are confirmed by Russian scientists to be the remains of Alexei Nikolaevich, Tsarevich of Russia and one of his sisters.
- Brazil's long-term foreign currency sovereign credit rating is raised to BBB− by Standard Poor's, marking the first time the country's foreign currency debt receives an investment grade rating. (''The International Herald Tribune'')
- War on Terrorism
- The United States Department of State's annual report on terrorism states that al-Qaeda ampquothas reconstituted some of its pre-9/11 operational capabilitiesampquot in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas of Pakistan. (''USA Today'')
- The report also states that there has been a 16% increase in terrorist attacks in Afghanistan due to resurgent activity by al-Qaeda and the Taliban. (Fox News)
- Economy of the United States
- The Bush administration brings back the one year Treasury bill in order to cope with rising budget deficits. (AP via Google News)
- The economy of the United States expands by an annualized rate of 0.6 percent due largely to a growth in exports. (''The New York Times'')
- The Federal Reserve System cuts interest rates in the United States by a quarter percentage to 2 per cent. (''The Telegraph'')
- Two Taliban militants, a woman, and her child are killed after a siege by Afghan security forces in Kabul, Afghanistan. (Reuters)
- HP Labs announces the creation of the memristor, at times described as the fourth basic electronic element. The memristor was first predicted in 1971 by Leon Chua. The discovery may have a tremendous impact on computing and electronics, joining the other basic electronic elements the resistor, capacitor, and inductor. (Nature)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?