Tuesday 25 August 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Yank at Eton, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1942 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Nathan Deal: American captain lawyer and politician 82nd Governor of Georgia.
- Howard Jacobson: English novelist and journalist.
- Imogen Hassall: Surrey, England -- Countess of Cleavage (Carry on Lovng).
- Margaret L Thompson Murdock: United States -- Small bore rifle (1976 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Nathen Deal: (Rep-D-Georgia).
- SS begins transporting Jews of Maastricht Neth
- World War II: second day of the Battle of the Eastern Solomons. A Japanese naval transport convoy headed towards Guadalcanal is turned-back by an Allied air attack, losing one destroyer and one transport sunk, and one light cruiser heavily damaged.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?