Tuesday 29 August 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Alone Again (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1972 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Michael Roan: NFL tight end / halfback (Houston / Tennessee Oilers).
- El Loco: Cordovan quartet leader singer of the famous band La Fiesta.
- Amanda Marshall: Canadian singer-songwriter.
- Bae Yong-joon: South Korean actor.
- Bae Yong Joon: South Korean actor.
- Lale [Liselotte H] Anderson: German night club performer / singer.
- Rene Leibowitz: Composer, dies at 59.
- Lale Andersen: German chanson singer-songwriter, best known for her interpretation of the song "Lili Marleen" in 1939, which became tremendously popular on both sides during the Second World War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Argent - Hold Your Head Up
- Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 2)
- Carpenters - Goodbye To Love
- Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 August 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?