Sunday 29 June 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Margritta Gummel and Stokeley Carmichael [Kwame Toure].
Sergeant York, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1941 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Margritta Gummel: German DR, shot putter (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Stokeley Carmichael [Kwame Toure]: United States -- Black Power-activist.
- Jacques Toubon: French politician, minister of culture and French-speaking communities in 1993.
- John Boccabella: American baseball player.
- Stokely Carmichael: American civil rights activist (Born 1941).
- Margitta Gummel: German shot putter
- Ignace Paderewski, Polish statesman pianist, dies in New York at age 80.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?