Wednesday 29 November 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Artis Houston and Larry Williams.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Papa Was A Rollin' Stone by The Temptations.
In UK Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan was in the top 5 hits.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, directed by William Sterling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arthur of the Britons.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1972!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1972 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Artis Houston: WLAF cornerback (Rhein Fire).
- Larry Williams: WLAF defensive tackle (Scotland Claymores).
- Larry Joe Campbell: American actor.
- Rodrigo Pessoa: Brazilian equestrian and show jumper, son of the great Nelson Pessoa.
- Diego Ramos: TV Actor.
- Willie Bain: Scottish academic and politician
- Brian Baumgartner: American actor and producer
- Jamal Mashburn: American basketball player and sportscaster
- Minoru Tanaka: Japanese wrestler and boxer
- Carl Stalling: American pianist and composer (d. 1972).
- Atari releases the Pong coin-operated arcade video game system. Nolan Bushnell and Al Alcorn developed the game at Atari, partly based on the Magnavox Odyssey system.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Seals and Crofts - Summer Breeze
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- America - Ventura Highway
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?