Saturday 11 November 1972, Veteran's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cornell Thomas and Jack Jackson.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash.
In UK Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan was in the top 5 hits.
The Mechanic, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Aunty Jack Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1972!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1972 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Cornell Thomas: WLAF DE (Scotland Claymores).
- Jack Jackson: NFL / CFL wide receiver (Chicago Bears, Toronto Argonauts).
- Steve Konowalchuk: Salt Lake City, Utah -- NHL center (Washington Capitals).
- Alessia Marcuzzi: Italian television host and actress.
- Adam Beach: Canadian actor.
- Berry Oakley: American bass player (The Allman Brothers Band) (d. 1972).
- Dow Jones Index moves above 1,000 for 1st time
- US Army turns over Long Bihn base to South Vietnamese army.
- Vietnam War: Vietnamization : The United States Army turns over the massive Long Binh military base to South Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- The Delegates - Convention 72
- Eagles - Witchy Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?