Monday 6 September 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Sorry, Wrong Number, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1948 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Claydes Smith: American guitarist (Kool & the Gang) (d. 2006).
- Gloria Star: American pro astrologer and author of "Astrology: Woman to Woman," and "The Optimum Child: Developing Your Child's Fullest Potential through Astrology.
- Claydes Charles Smith: American musician (Kool & the Gang) (d. 2006).
- Charles "Claydes" Smith: Jersey City, New Jersey -- Guitarist (Kool & The Gang).
- Gerrit H Kersten: Vicar / founder (Calvinist Party), dies at 66.
- Mr Strauss Goes to Boston opens at Century Theater NYC for 12 performances
- 37th Davis Cup: USA beats Australia in New York (5-0)
- Juliana becomes Queen of the Netherlands.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 September 1948 and get them!