Monday 30 April 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Farina and Lars von Trier.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
Godzilla, King of the Monsters!, directed by Ishir Honda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Show Called Fred.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1956 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Richard Farina: Folk singer (Reflections in a Crystal Wind).
- Lars von Trier: Danish film director.
- Lars Von Trier: Danish film director and screenwriter.
- Jorge Chaminé: Portuguese opera singer.
- Alben W Barkley: Vice President of the United States (Born 1877).
- Alben W Barkley (US Vice President-Democrat-1949-53): dies at age 78.
- Former Vice President and Senator Alben Barkley dies during a speech in Virginia. He collapses after proclaiming ''I would rather be a servant in the house of the lord than sit in the seats of the mighty.''
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?