Tuesday 30 April 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paulo Jr and Roger Mar.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Odd Couple, directed by Gene Saks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1968 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Paulo Jr: Brazilian pop bassist (Sepultura, Morbid Visions).
- Roger Mar: Seattle, Washington -- Rapid fire pistol (1996 Olympics).
- Richard Pilon in Saskatoon: Saskatchewan, Canada; NHL defenseman (New York Islanders).
- Roger Mar in Seattle: Washington, USA; rapid fire pistol (Olympics-1996).
- Sandra Beikoff in Mackay: Queensland; golfer (1990 Sunshine Coast Open).
- Babette Van Veen in Netherlands actress (Linda-GTST: Blueberry Hill).
- Babette Van Veen: Dutch actress and singer, a beautiful woman and daughter of a famous Dutch musician, Herman Van Veen. She married Bas Westerweel in August 1998 and they have two sons, Sebastiaan (born 1999) and Silvijn (born April 25, 2004).
- Dave Halili: American illustrator and graphic designer
- 3 Oriole pitchers walk 14 New York Yankees in a 9 inning game
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- James Brown - I Got The Feelin'
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?