Sunday 30 March 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love In This Club by Usher.
In UK Mercy by Duffy was in the top 5 hits.
The Voyeur, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 2008!
Which were the important events of 30 March 2008 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 March
- WrestleMania XXIV takes place from the Citrus Bowl with an all-time attendance record for the stadium at over 70,000 people.
- Aloha Airlines, a Hawaii based airline which operates inter-island and trans-Pacific flights, has suspended all passenger services effective March 31, 2008, due to bankruptcy. (''Honolulu Advertiser'')
- The enlargement of the EU's borderless zone to eight Eastern European countries and Malta is completed through the lifting of air border controls between them and the 15 countries already part of the area. (European Commission)
- French architect Jean Nouvel wins one of the world's premier architecture honors, the Pritzker Prize. (Time Magazine)
- Battle of Basra (2008): Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr calls for his followers, the Mahdi Army, to lay down their arms and end their fighting with the Iraqi Army in Basra. (Fox News)
- North Korea threatens to cut off dialogue with South Korea over comments a South Korean military official reportedly made last week about a possible pre-emptive strike against the country. (Bloomberg)
- A privately registered Cessna 501 Citation carrying five people crashes into two homes in Farnborough, Kent, United Kingdom, after taking off from London Biggin Hill Airport. (Sky News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 March 2008 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?