Wednesday 30 December 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1942 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Fred Ward in San Diego: California, USA; actor (Chain Reaction, Thunderheart, Equinox).
- Michael Nesmith in Houston: Texas, USA; rocker/actor (Monkees - "Last Train to Clarksville").
- Michael Nesmith: American musician, a member of the music group "The Monkees.
- Fred Ward: American actor who, prior to going into little theater, was a member of the U.S.
- Betty Aberlin: American actress and poet.
- Vladimir Bukovsky: Russian author and dissident
- Guy Edwards: English race car driver
- Janko Prunk: Slovenian historian academic and politician
- Toomas Savi: Estonian physician and politician
- Robert Quine: American musician, an influential punk guitarist during the late 20th century despite technically having only two albums to his credit. Quine is the co-founder of the punk rock ensemble, "Richard Hell and the Voidoids."
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 December 1942 and get them!