Wednesday 9 December 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Cat People, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1942 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Joe McGinniss: American writer, journalist and novelist who began as a sports writer (his lifelong addiction), moving into free-lance magazine work.
- Joe McGinniss in Rye: New York, USA; author (Selling of the President 1968).
- Dick Butkus in Chicago: Illinois, USA; NFL hall of fame linebacker (Chicago Bears)/sportscaster.
- Billy Bremner: Scottish footballer and manager (d. 1997).
- Germain Gagnon: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2014).
- David Harsent: English author poet and academic
- Dick Butkus: American football player and actor. Butkus was a noted athlete who played with the Chicago Bears for nine seasons and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1979. After retirement he launched an acting career, beginning in the mid 1970s; he usually plays tough guys or athletes in episodes of TV series.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?