Thursday 3 December 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Cat People, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1942 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Alice Schwarzer: Most prominent contemporary German feminist.
- Edmond Herve: French politician, the Secretary of State in charge of Health, accused by an investigating commission of "strangely apathetic behavior," which led to keeping unsterilized blood products in stock after it was known they could be contaminated, also accused of a delay in making available imported - and costly - heated blood products, and of negligence in the screening of blood donors.
- Pedro Rocha: Uruguayan footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- David Shipler: American journalist and author.
- Wilhelm Peterson-Berger: Swedish composer and critic (d. 1942).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Can't Get Out of This Mood - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?