Saturday 30 July 1932
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
American Madness, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 30 July 1932 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the important events of 30 July 1932 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
See other famous people born on 30 July
- 10th modern Olympic games opens in Los Angeles
- Premiere of Walt Disney's Flowers and Trees, the first cartoon short to use Technicolor and the first Academy Award winning cartoon short.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1932?
- Science: Science vol. 76 issue 1961
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Earl of Bessborough -- July 25, 1932
- Science: Science vol. 76 issue 1960
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Charles Morgan's "The Fountain" by now needs little introduction, having won overwhelming praise, from the best critical minds in England and America.The scene is Enkendaal, the castle of the van Leydens, a Dutch family of ancient lineage.
Second in the trilogy that began with The Good Earth, Buck's classic and starkly real tale of sons rising against their honored fathers tells of the bitter struggle to the death between the old and the new in China.
A saga of Jewish working class life in 1920's Manchester.
Tell the world why 30 July 1932 is such a special date for you!