Tuesday 1 January 1901, NewYear’s Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Koernig and Christine Wittewaall.
Le Cambrioleur insaisissable, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while Eben Holden by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1901!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1901 ?
- Robert Koernig: German homicide; the perpetrator of sex murders 1929-1937, arrested 10/04/1937 and executed eights months later.
- Christine Wittewaall: van Stoetwegen Dutch Member of Parliament (CDD).
- Paul Grossin: French army officer, who reached the rank of General of the army.
- Ignatius Donnelly US attorney/Lieutenant-Governor (Minnesota): dies at age 69.
- Nigeria becomes a British protectorate.
- The British colonies of New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia federate as the Commonwealth of Australia; Edmund Barton is appointed the first Prime Minister.
- Australia declares independence from federation of United Kingdom colonies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1901 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ma Blushin' Rosie - Albert Campbell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?