Thursday February 01, 1900
US date format: 2/1/1900, UK date format: 1/2/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include John Philip Stewart and John Stewart.
Another Picture Showing Demonstration of a Pneumatic Shell Riveter, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 1900?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- Western Australia announced its refusal to join the Australian Federation unless it is given five more years of fiscal freedom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Byron G. Harlan & A.D. Madeira - In the Shadow of the Pines
- Arthur Collins - Mandy Lee