Thursday 1 February 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1900!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1900 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Stephen Potter: Humorist / writer (School for Scoundrels, Shipbuilders).
- John Stewart: Scottish physician and surgeon, the author of "Turner's Diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat.
- Western Australia announced its refusal to join the Australian Federation unless it is given five more years of fiscal freedom.
- Governor William Goebel of Kentucky dies of wounds after being shot by several assassins on January 30. Goebel, who had prevailed in a dispute over the winner of the election in November 1899, had been sworn in on his deathbed. The former Secretary of State of Kentucky Caleb Powers is later found guilty in the conspiracy to kill Goebel.
- Strikers in Aachen, Vienna, and Brussels demand an eight-hour working day and higher wages.
- The United Kingdom and the United States sign a treaty for the building of a Central American shipping canal across Central America in Nicaragua.
- Second Boer War: The British House of Commons' vote of censure over the British government's handling of the war is defeated.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 February 1900
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Old Folks at Home - Vess Ossman
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?