Saturday February 01, 1941
US date format: 2/1/1941, UK date format: 1/2/1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Neil Z Marbell and Franco Nones.
The Strawberry Blonde, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 1941?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Jane Vaughn.
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial