Thursday 1 January 1931, NewYear’s Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carel Brons and Siddig El Nigoumi.
Amerikanka, directed by Leo Esakya, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Myndell Louis (1931 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1931 ?
- Carel Brons: Composer.
- Siddig El Nigoumi: Ceramicist.
- Goree Carter: American singer, guitarist, drummer, songwriter and soldier.
- Ana Domingo Nieto: Spanish educator, linguist and retired teacher who became blind at 61 years and yet still active and dedicated to different interests (including theater) in 2012 at 81 years.
- Jimmy Smyth: Irish hurler (d. 2013).
- Martinus Beijerinck: Dutch microbiologist and botanist (Born 1851).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1931 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Where Have You Been? - Emil Coleman & His Orchestra
- Them There Eyes - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra (Vocal Rhythm Boys (Bing Crosby)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?