Monday 1 February 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marijke Amado and Mike Campbell.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
while Triumph And Tragedy by Winston S. Churchill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Betty White Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 February 1954 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Marijke Amado
- Mike Campbell: guitarist (Tom Petty and Heartbreakers - "Breakdown").
- Billy Mumy in California: USA; actor (Will Robinson - Lost in Space, Dear Brigitte).
- Chuck Dukowski: American musician (Black Flag).
- Bill Mumy: American actor and musician.
- Julius P Hoste: Belgian minister/newspaper publisher, dies at age 69.
- 1st TV soap opera Secret Storm premieres
- Scapino Ballet Studio in Amsterdam destroyed by fire
- Soccer team The County froms in Doetinchem
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?