Thursday 25 February 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Doe (musician) and Bob Brenly.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Jungle, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Great Iron Ship by James Dugan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Betty White Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 February 1954 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
- John Doe (musician)
- Bob Brenly: American baseball player, a right-handed catcher who played with the San Francisco Giants from 1981 to 1989, and briefly with the Toronto Blue Jays in 1989.
- John Doe: American musician.
- Gerardo Pelusso: Uruguayan footballer and manager.
- Abdul Nasser appointed Egyptian premier.
- Gamal Abdul Nasser is made premier of Egypt.
- Lt. Col. Gamal Abdel Nasser becomes premier of Egypt.
- U.S. officials announce that a hydrogen bomb test (Castle Bravo) has been conducted on Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean.
- U.S. Capitol shooting incident: Four Puerto Rican nationalists open fire in the United States House of Representatives chamber and wound five they were apprehended by security guards.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?