Monday 15 February 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Groening and Pema Tönyö Nyinje.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Life Is Worth Living by Fulton J. Sheen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Betty White Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 February 1954 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Matt Groening: Cartoonist (Life in Hell, Simpsons).
- Pema Tönyö Nyinje
- Armand Parmentier: Belgian athlete.
- Situ Rinpoche: Tibetan Buddhist teacher, he was born into an agricultural family and identified at the age of eighteen months as athe 12th Tai situ Rinpoche and enthroned at Palpung Monastery, the main seat of the Tai Situpas in Eastern Tibet.
- 1st bevatron in operation-Berkeley, California
- WRDW TV channel 12 in Augusta, Georgia (CBS) begins broadcasting
- First bevatron in operation-Berkeley, California, USA.
- Canada and the United States agree to construct the Distant Early Warning Line, a system of radar stations in the far northern Arctic regions of Canada and Alaska.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1954 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?