Friday 5 February 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roseanne Katan and Dominique Besnehard.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Betty White Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1954 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Roseanne Katan: Jamaica -- Playmate (Sep, 1978).
- Dominique Besnehard: French actor, film producer, casting director, writer and talent manager of Marlene Jobert and others.
- Frédéric Cottier: French equestrian and Olympic medalist.
- Laurent Broomhead: French TV journalist, a weather presenter and for the last ten years one of the stars of Pyramide, a daily TV show where the contestants have to find words by association.
- Cliff Martinez: American drummer and songwriter.
- Frank Walker: Australian journalist and author
- Vittorio Gnecchi: Composer, dies at 77.
- WCDC TV channel 19 in Adams, MA (ABC) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 February 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?