Thursday 11 February 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Romand and Michèle Lepeer.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Betty White Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 February 1954 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Jean-Claude Romand: French homicide; a man who lived by deception.
- Michèle Lepeer
- Wesley Strick: American director and screenwriter.
- Catherine Hickland in Fort Lauderdale: Florida, USA; actress (Capitol, Star Trek IV).
- Noriyuki Asakura: Japanese composer.
- Adolph M Christianson: justice of the North Dakota Supreme Court (Born 1877).
- In Los Angeles, California, the 6th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Ed Sullivan. Best Audience Participation, Quiz or Panel Program: This Is Your Life and What's My Line?
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?