Thursday 1 June 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cheryl Abplanalp and Jon Witman.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'll Take You There by The Staple Singers.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1972 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Cheryl Abplanalp: Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania -- Team handball wing (1996 Olympics).
- Jon Witman: Fullback (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Leta Lindley: Phoenix, Arizona -- LPGA golfer (1995 State Farm Rail-3rd).
- Nicholas Porzig: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Scott Greene: Fullback (Carolina Panthers).
- Huáscar Aparicio: Bolivian singer (d. 2013)
- Daniel Casey: English actor
- Mike Dunham: American ice hockey player and coach
- Mindy Smith: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Tswanaland becomes Bophuthatswana in South Africa
- West German police arrest RAF-leader Andreas Baader
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 June 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
- The Rolling Stones - Tumbling Dice
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?