Wednesday 7 June 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Indianapolis (Indiana) and Karl Urban.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Deep Throat, directed by Jerry Gerard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Savage God by A. Alvarez was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1972!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 June 1972 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Indianapolis (Indiana)
- Karl Urban: New Zealand actor.
- Pascal Barbot
- Jeff Burris: NFL cornerback / punt returner (Buffalo Bills).
- Jean-Guillaume Bart: French dancer and choreographer.
- Maarika Võsu: Estonian fencer.
- Grease opens at Broadhurst Theater NYC for 3,388 performances
- Hsan Hua, Zen teacher, conducted 1st ordination ceremony in America
- German Chancellor Willy Brandt visits Israel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Dr. Hook - Sylvia's Mother
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?