Thursday 22 June 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emanuele Filiberto Prince of Venice and Piedmont and Emanuele Filiberto .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
The Candidate, directed by Michael Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Open Marriage by Nena and George O'Neill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching El Chavo del Ocho.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1972!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 June 1972 ?
- Emanuele Filiberto Prince of Venice and Piedmont
- Emanuele Filiberto : Italian royalty born in Switzerland, the son of Italy's last king, Umberto II and Princess Marina; grandson of Vittorio Emanuele III.
- Wangechi Mutu: Kenyan-American painter and sculptor.
- David Rees: American cartoonist and critic.
- Man of La Mancha opens at Beaumont Theater NYC for 140 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?