Friday 30 June 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Comiskey and Ellen Coleen Pasturzak.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Song Sung Blue by Neil Diamond.
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Duck, You Sucker, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Bring Me A Unicorn by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching El Chavo del Ocho.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pong or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1972 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Dan Comiskey: CFL guard (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Ellen Coleen Pasturzak: Portsmouth, Ohio -- Miss America - Ohio (1996).
- Garret Anderson: Los angeles, California -- Outfielder (California Angels).
- Tyrone Davis: NFL tight end (NY Jets, Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Sandra Cam: Dutch freestyle swimmer appearing in multiple events in the Atlanta Olympics.
- James Martin: English celebrity chef
- 1st leap second day; also 1981, 1982, 1983, 1985
- Cincinnati Reds are 11 games back in National League (and go on to win the pennant).
- The first leap second is added to the UTC time system.
- The International Time Bureau adds the first leap second (23:59:60) to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) at the end of the month.
- July – U.S. actress Jane Fonda tours North Vietnam, during which she is photographed sitting on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun.
- The Canadian ketch ''Vega'', flying the Greenpeace III banner, collides with the French naval minesweeper ''La Paimpolaise'' while in international waters, to protest French nuclear weapon tests in the South Pacific.
- The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms becomes independent from the IRS.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- America - I Need You
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?