Tuesday 20 June 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jo Roberts and Martin Keino.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Ben, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching El Chavo del Ocho.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1972 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Jo Roberts: WLAF quarterback (Barcelona Dragons).
- Martin Keino: Nyeri, Kenya -- 1.5k runner.
- Alex Guarnaschelli: Chef.
- Alexis Alexoudis: Greek footballer.
- Paul Bako: American baseball player.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?