Friday 27 October 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lucien Becker and Leif Erickson.
Giovanna la pallida, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1911!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1911 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1911 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Woodman, Woodman, Spare That Tree - Bob Roberts
- Gems from Madame Sherry - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?