Thursday 1 November 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 1, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lani Hall and Rick Grech.
Fallen Angel, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1945 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Lani Hall
- Rick Grech: Bordeaux, France -- Rock bassist (Blind Faith, Traffic).
- Narendra Dabholkar: Indian author and activist founded Maharashtra Andhashraddha Nirmoolan Samiti (d. 2013).
- John Williamson: Australian singer-songwriter.
- 1st issue of Ebony magazine published by John H Johnson
- The official North Korean newspaper, Rodong Sinmun, is first published under the name Chongro. Australia joins the United Nations.