Thursday 1 November 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Viénot and Leon Hart.
Laundry Man, directed by Johan Vandewoestijne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1928!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1928 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Marc Viénot
- James Edward Bradford: DC, United States -- HW weightlifer (1952, 56 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Leon Hart: NFL (Heisman Trophy).
- James Bradford: American weightlifter (d. 2013).
- Emmaline Henry: American actress (d. 1979).
- Graf Zeppelin sets airship distance record of 6384 km
- The Law on the Adoption and Implementation of the Turkish Alphabet, replacing the version of the Arabic alphabet previously used, comes into force in Turkey.