Thursday 1 October 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 1, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Fantastic Mr. Fox, directed by Wes Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while True Compass by Edward M. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Astro Boy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth or CSI: Deadly Intent.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 1 October 2009 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 October
- Cintio Vitier: Cuban poet and essayist (Born 1921).
- The Supreme Court of the United Kingdom takes over the judicial functions of the House of Lords.
- Paleontologists announce the discovery of an ''Ardipithecus ramidus'' fossil skeleton, deeming it the oldest remains of a human ancestor yet found.
- The International Olympic Committee awards the 2016 Summer Olympics to Rio de Janeiro.
- Ireland holds a second referendum on the EU's Lisbon Treaty. The amendment is approved by the Irish electorate,ampref name=RTE_20091003_Yesamp having been rejected in the Lisbon I referendum held in June 2008.
- Around 150 Venezuelan students end a weeklong hunger strike protesting against alleged human rights abuses in Venezuela, after Organization of American States officials agree to meet the students and one of their leaders is released. (Reuters)
- Ateke Tom, militant leader of the Niger Delta Vigilante in the Niger Delta region, accepts an amnesty by the Nigerian government. (AFP)
- Treaty of Lisbon:
- The International Monetary Fund says the global economy is ampquotrecovering faster than expectedampquot, raising its forecast for global growth to 3.1% for 2010, up from 2.5%. (IMF Survey online)
- A second earthquake measuring 6.8 on the Richter scale occurs near Sumatra, Indonesia, following a 7.6 magnitude earthquake the previous day. (''The Australian'')
- The death toll from the previous earthquake rises to at least 1100. (Bloomberg)
- The Justices of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom are sworn into office, replacing the Law Lords as the final court of appeal in the country. (''The Times'')
- Mass celebrations take place in Beijing to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China. (BBC)
- Iran agrees to allow inspections of a recently revealed nuclear facility near the city of Qom. (''The New York Times'')
- The Romanian coalition government collapses with the withdrawal of the Social Democratic Party, in protest at the sacking of one of its members. (Al Jazeera)
- The opposition in Guinea reject a call by the ruling junta to create a unity government. (Al Jazeera)
- 12 people are killed in fighting between rival Islamist groups for control of the port city of Kismayo in southern Somalia. (''The Nation'')
- The Dow Jones loses over 200 points by the closing bell. (CNN)
- Pakistan is to launch a greater campaign in South Waziristan against the Taliban. (''New York Times'')
- The Netherlands Antilles agrees to disband on October 10, 2010. Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba will become Dutch municipalities within the Netherlands, whereas Curaçao and Sint Maarten will become self-governing countries within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. (''NRC Handelsblad'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- Under - Pleasure P
- God In Me - Mary Mary Featuring Kierra "KiKi" Sheard
- Trust - Keyshia Cole Duet With Monica
- Throw It In The Bag - Fabolous Featuring The-Dream
- Ego - Beyonce
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Shakira - Loba
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Los Tigres del Norte - La Granja
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Mi Cama Huele A Ti - Tito "El Bambino" El Parton Featuring Zion & Lennox
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Recuerdame - La Quinta Estacion A Dueto Con Marc Anthony
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Two major companies are racing to develop the potentially next big thing in heart surgery: a replacement valve that can be implanted through thin tubes known as catheters. [..]
The Indian telecom giant Bharti Airtel said that talks on a possible merger with MTN Group of South Africa have ended. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $46.34
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $59.07
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $60.83
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.02
- 1 CHF = 6.5524 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.299 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9604 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.935 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?