Thursday 1 September 1910
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edda Ciano and Jack Hawkins.
The Wrong Box, directed by Bryan Forbes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1910!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1910 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Jack Hawkins: London, England -- Actor (Ben-Four Just Men, Zulu, Malta Story).
- Edda Ciano: Italian noted family, the daughter of Benito Mussolini and the wife of Count Caleazzo Ciano.
- André Delmas: French anatomist, who died on 2 October 1999 in Paris.
- Carlos Saenz Herrera: Vice President of Costa Rica.
- Andr? Delmas: Montpellier physician.
- Jean Picard: St Gelais Military man.
- The Vatican introduces a compulsory oath against modernism, to be taken by all priests upon ordination.
- October ndash First publication of infrared photographs, by Professor Robert Williams Wood in the Royal Photographic Society Journal
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Call Me Up Some Rainy Afternoon - Ada Jones & American Quartet
- Every Little Movement - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Humoresque - Mischa Elman