Thursday 15 September 1910
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George D Kilpatrick and Richard Baerlein.
The Wrong Box, directed by Bryan Forbes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1910!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1910 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- George D Kilpatrick: Canadian / British bible Scholar.
- Richard Baerlein: Racing writer.
- Betty Neels: English nurse and author (d. 2001).
- Boers and Afrikaners win 1st general elections in Union of South-Africa