Thursday 15 September 1910
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George D Kilpatrick and Richard Baerlein.
Göteborgarens marstrandsresa, directed by Knut Lambert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while Simon the Jester by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1910!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1910 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- George D Kilpatrick: Canadian / British bible Scholar.
- Richard Baerlein: Racing writer.
- Betty Neels: English nurse and author (d. 2001).
- Boers and Afrikaners win 1st general elections in Union of South-Africa
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh That Beautiful Rag - Arthur Collins
- The Girl with a Brogue - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?