Wednesday 1 September 1909US date format: 9/1/1909, UK date format: 1/9/1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gilbert (secret-agent) and E Herbert Norman.
Far from the Madding Crowd, directed by Thomas Vinterberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1909 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.