Saturday 1 October 1910
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 1, 1910). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bonnie Parker and Attilio Pavesi.
Rip Van Winkle, directed by Will Vinton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1910!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1910 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Bonnie Parker: Outlaw (Bonnie & Clyde), killed in police ambush.
- Attilio Pavesi: Italian bicyclist, the winner of the Gold Medal at the Olympics in Los Angeles in 1932.
- Fritz Köberle: Austrian-Brazilian physician and pathologist (d. 1983).
- Fritz Koberle: Austrian-born physician (d. 1983).
- Chaim Scheinberg: Polish-Israeli rabbi and scholar (d. 2012).
- José Moyal: Australian physicist and engineer (d. 1998).
- Jose Enrique Moyal: Australian mathematical physicist (d. 1998).
- Explosion at LA Times kills 21
- Berkshire Cattle Fair held in Pittsfield Massachusetts (first state fair).
- Los Angeles Times bombing: A large bomb destroys the Los Angeles Times building in downtown Los Angeles, California, killing 21.