Monday 1 August 1910
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 1910). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Palmer and James Henry Govier.
Distractions of Foolshead, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1910 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- James Henry Govier: British artist (d. 1974).
- Raymond Palmer: American science fiction writer, editor, publisher.
- Gerda Taro: German war photographer, and the companion and professional partner of photographer Robert Capa.
- Louis Lataillade: Pau physician.
- James Govier: English painter and illustrator (d. 1974).
- Mohammad Nissar: Indian cricketer (d. 1963).
- Walter Scharf: American pianist and composer (d. 2003).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ring O' Roses - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- I've Got a Pain in My Sawdust - Kitty Cheatham
- We Shall Meet Bye and Bye - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Ave Maria - Frances Alda