Wednesday October 1, 1986US date format: 10/1/1986, UK date format: 1/10/1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 1, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jurnee Smollett and Natalia Rybicka.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Stuck With You by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Curse, directed by Ngai Choi Lam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while When All You'Ve Ever Wanted Isn'T Enough by Harold S. Kushner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Janosch.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baluba-Louk No Densetsu or King Kong 2: Ikari no Megaton Punch.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1986!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1986 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Jurnee Smollett: American actress.
- Natalia Rybicka
- Daniela Katzenberger: German reality TV star, a singer, an...
- Lena Nicole
- Sayaka Kanda: Japanese actress and singer.
- Ki Hong Lee: Actor.
- Justin Westhoff: Australian rules footballer.
- Ricardo Tê: Portuguese footballer.
- Matthew Gonzalez: American Figure Skater.
- Sayaka: Japanese singer.
- Ricardo Vaz Te: Portuguese footballer.
- Archie League: generally considered the first air...
- U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs the Goldwater-Nichols Act into law, making official the largest reorganization of the United States Department of Defense since the Air Force was made a separate branch of service in 1947.
- US President Jimmy Carter's presidential library/museum dedicated in Atlanta, Georgia.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Daryl Hall - Dreamtime
- Stacey Q - Two Of Hearts
- Genesis - Throwing It All Away
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Tina Turner - Typical Male
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
Top #10 R&B songs
- Cameo - Word Up
- Oran 'Juice' Jones - The Rain
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Ashford & Simpson - Count Your Blessings
- Earth Angel (From "The Karate Kid, Part II") - New Edition
- Howard Hewett - I'm For Real
- The Midas Touch - Midnight Star
- The Temptations - Lady Soul
- Five Star - Can't Wait Another Minute
- All Cried Out - Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam With Full Force Featuring Paul Anthony & Bow Legged Lou
Top #10 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?