Saturday 2 August 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Crazy In Love by Beyonce was in the top 5 hits.
S.W.A.T., directed by Clark Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Living History by Hillary Rodham Clinton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tinseltown TV.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits or Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 2 August 2003 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 August
- The ''Daily Telegraph'' in the United Kingdom claims attempts by the British Ministry of Defence (MoD) to destroy allegedly important documents about its treatment of BBC source Dr. David Kelly in the weeks before his suicide were foiled by a security guard, who found the documents scheduled for destruction and called the police. The MoD insists the documents were not that important but will now be preserved and supplied to the Hutton Inquiry into the Kelly case.
- A huge condominium complex under construction in San Diego, California, is destroyed, supposedly by the Earth Liberation Front.
- José Bové, a radical French activist against genetically modified food, is released from prison after serving only five weeks of a 10-month jail sentence.
- Israeli Attorney General Elyakim Rubinstein publicly rebukes Ariel Sharon's son Gilad for refusing to cooperate with an investigation into graft and influence peddling.
- Scientists announce that the ozone layer may be showing signs of recovery due to an international ban on chlorofluorocarbons.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 August 2003
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hamburg - Hannover : 0 - 3
- Hertha - Werder Bremen : 0 - 3
- Kaiserslautern - Munich 1860 : 0 - 1
- Leverkusen - Freiburg : 4 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Angers - Valence : 0 - 2
- Chateauroux - St Etienne : 2 - 0
- Clermont - Rouen : 0 - 0
- Grenoble - Besancon : 0 - 0
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Auxerre - Nice : 1 - 2
- Guingamp - Marseille : 0 - 1
- Lens - Le Mans : 0 - 0
- Metz - Ajaccio : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?