Tuesday 2 July 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jurgen Roelandts and Iain Grigor.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Sussudio by Phil Collins.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by The Crowd was in the top 5 hits.
The Emerald Forest, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Family Album by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Doris Day's Best Friends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blade Runner or Ballyhoo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1985!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1985 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Jurgen Roelandts: Belgian cyclist.
- Iain Grigor: Scottish Athlete.
- Ashley Tisdale: American actress and singer.
- BenJarvus Green-Ellis: Football Player.
- Jack Patterson: Bassist.
- Rhett Bomar: American football player
- Corey Bringas: American actor and cinematographer
- Chad Henne: American football player
- Jürgen Roelandts: Belgian cyclist
- David Purley: British Formula 1 driver (Born 1945).
- Andrei Gromyko is appointed the chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?