Thursday 15 July 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Durie and Ron Smith.
The Dictator, directed by Oscar Eagle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while A Far Country by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1915!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1915 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Alexander Durie: Vice President (British AA).
- Ron Smith: Union leader (British Postal Workers).
- Dino Fiorini: Italian soccer player.
- Swami Saraswati: Indian Swami, a holy man and guru in the Indian traditional, a great seer.
- Albert Mouren: Marseille EXecutives.
- Albert Ghiorso: American chemist and academic (d. 2010)
- Ludwik Grossman: Composer, dies at 80.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Songs of Our Native Birds - Charles Kellogg
- That Moaning Saxophone Rag - Brown Brothers
- Don't Take My Darling Boy Away - Helen Clark & Joseph Phillips
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?