Monday 2 February 2004
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Hey Ya! by OutKast.
In UK Mad World by Michael Andrews featuring Gary Jules was in the top 5 hits.
The Butterfly Effect, directed by Eric Bress, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cheap Seats: Without Ron Parker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Nicktoons: Freeze Frame Frenzy or Beyond Divinity.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 2004!
Which were the important events of 2 February 2004 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 February
- Bernard McEveety: American film director (Born 1924).
- Swiss tennis player Roger Federer becomes the No. 1 ranked men's singles player, a position he will hold for a record 237 weeks.
- The CIA admits that there was no imminent threat from weapons of mass destruction before the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
- Jóannes Eidesgaard becomes prime minister of the Faroe Islands.
- U.S. President George W. Bush announces the formation of the Iraq Intelligence Commission, an independent, bipartisan inquiry presidential commission to probe into prewar intelligence regarding weapons of mass destruction leading up to the decision to invade Iraq. Former Iraq Survey Group chief David Kay, who searched for weapons in Iraq, meets with Bush at the White House and maintains that Bush was right to go to war in Iraq and characterizes the Saddam Hussein regime as ampquotfar more
- Traces of ricin are found in the mailroom of a Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- Prime Minister of Israel Ariel Sharon announces to the ''Ha'aretz'' newspaper that he plans to dismantle 17 Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip and says that he foresees a time when there are no Jews in Gaza at all.
- Pakistani nuclear scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan confesses to smuggling nuclear hardware on chartered planes, sharing secret designs for the centrifuges that produce the enriched uranium necessary to develop a nuclear weapon, and giving personal briefings to nuclear scientists from Iran, North Korea and Libya, believing that nuclear proliferation would ampquotease Western attention on Pakistanampquot and ampquothelp the Muslim causeampquot
- The leader of Conservative Party of Norway (''Høyre''), Jan Petersen, announces his resignation as party leader after 10 years at the helm. He continues as Foreign Minister in the coalition government.
- Roger Federer becomes the ATP number-one ranked player.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 February 2004
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Oberhausen - Bielefeld : 3 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Nancy - Lorient : 1 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Piacenza - Palermo : 2 - 2
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Alverca - Beira Mar : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?