Wednesday 2 January 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Juha Lind and Luis Moro.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How to Survive a Marriage.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1974 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Juha Lind: NHL forward (Team Finland Olympics - Bronze - 1998, Dallas).
- Luis Moro: Cuban-American actor and filmmaker.
- Jason de Vos: Canadian soccer player and sportscaster.
- Ludmila Formanová: Czech runner.
- Tomáš Řepka: Czech footballer.
- Tex Ritter: country singer ("Five Star Jubilee"), dies at age 67.
- 55 mph speed limit imposed by Richard Nixon
- Worst fire in Argentine history destroys 1.2 million acres.
- President Richard Nixon signs a bill lowering the maximum U.S. speed limit to 55 MPH in order to conserve gasoline during an OPEC embargo
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 January 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?