Monday 2 January 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Izard and Ed Casey.
The Bitter Tea of General Yen, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1933!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1933 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Jacques Izard: St-Girons physician.
- Ed Casey: Australian banker and politician (d. 2006).
- Seiichi Morimura: Japanese novelist.
- Richard Riley: American soldier lawyer and politician 6th United States Secretary of Education.
- Keith Thomas: Welsh historian author and academic.
- Bruins beat Rangers in New York 13-3
- Ijmuider fishing strike begins (till July 11th)
- US troops leave Nicaragua.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 January 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1933 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Here it is Monday - Rudy Vallee & His Connecticut Yankees
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?